I’ve always considered myself the fearless, adventurous type of person or at least I liked to believe that I was. Either way, like I’ve mentioned before in other blogs, I always wanted to travel alone. And eventually I did. At home I tend to spend a lot of time alone, driving from city to city because of my job that truthfully going to another country on my own wasn’t as scary to me as it might be to others. Not only was I ready for the grand adventure, it was one of the best decisions of my life.
Now I know people worry a lot about kidnapping and safety, and if you are traveling alone you should be aware at all times, but then again you should be worried and aware back home too. But asides from the dangers that are spoken of more when it comes to solo travel there are many WONDERFUL reasons you should travel alone at least once in your life. I say once but in reality after doing it once you might want to do it again. And again.
- INDEPENDENCE- Independence is something I am very proud of, it’s one of the qualities I admire most about myself and anyone else for that matter. It takes a special kind of soul to have this gift. And I think one of the ultimate ways to prove your independence to yourself is by traveling alone.
- BOOST SELF CONFIDENCE- We all have doubts. I’ll admit that every now and then I get down about myself, my career or other things. It’s natural and it happened to everyone, even if we don’t say it out loud we all have our doubts. But one of the things that I loved about being able to travel alone was that I can say that I can actually do it. I am a strong enough person to handle myself in other country and also be able to take care of myself, and that made me feel damn confident.
- SOLITUDE- Clearly, if you’re traveling alone you’re bound to have many moments of solitude, after all you won’t have someone to talk to every moment of the day so you’re in your head often and it’s pretty awesome being able to have these moments.
- YOU’RE THE BOSS– I’ve traveled with different amounts of people before I traveled on my own and even if you travel with one more person there is always compromises you have to make and balancing of daily schedules and activities. When you travel alone, there is none of that. You don’t have to worry if somebody else is tired or hungry. You don’t have to visit places you don’t really care for and you can be as adventurous as you’d like. I noticed that when I traveled alone, I went to more places and I did more in one day than I would have if I went with somebody else.
- LIFETIME MEMORIES– Every trip is full of wonderful memories. I have so many countless memories of traveling with friends and family but there is also something very special about the memories you share only with yourself. You will always remember your first time eating alone in a foreign restaurant and you will always remember seeing the country your in for the first time and what it felt like to stand on top of a mountain with the wind hitting your face and no one to be with but you. For the rest of my life, I will always remember how I felt and the things I saw when I was far far away and all alone.
One Comment Add yours
Fantastic post but be careful out there!
LikeLiked by 1 person