Lately, I’ve been noticing that more and more females are traveling; and not just traveling often but traveling overseas alone. I really wasn’t sure if it was just by coincidence that I had come across this so I had to find out. So here are some of the most interesting facts I gathered about solo female travelers.
1. According to USA Today Travel, females vacation every 10 months versus men who travel every 12 months.
2. According to Gutsy Traveler, 70% of travel decisions are made by women when booking cruises, group travel or through an agency but the percentage rises to 92% when you include online travel purchases.
3. 65% of women are taking vacations without a partner, according to statistics from Booking.com.
4. 65% of women say they feel more confident when they travel solo, also according to Booking.com.
5. American women are #1 in solo travel with an average of 3 trips per year, according to Booking.com. With an average of 9 million traveling overseas each year.
6. According to Booking.com, 50% of females who travel alone, travel to European cities .
7. According to CNBC , women on business trips are more likely to give their itinerary to a family member or friend to ensure safety precautions.